At Wade Abbott Dentistry and Associates we pride ourselves on how well we communicate with our patients. Our dental practice utilizes the most current technologies available to contact you regarding your upcoming appointments. Please provide us with all possible contact information (including email and SMS) as well as the best contact method to connect with you during the day.
- Our administrative team will provide a courtesy call, email, or text one week in advance, as well as the day before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are unable to attend, please provide adequate notice, as this allows us to contact other patients requiring urgent dental care.
- All scheduled appointments must be confirmed to be considered a confirmed appointment.
- We will make every possible attempt to contact you within the week prior to your scheduled appointment. Unconfirmed appointments will be automatically cancelled if not confirmed by 1:00 p.m. the business day prior to you scheduled appointment.
- Please provide at least 1 business days’ notice if you need to change your confirmed appointment, failure to do so will result in a $75.00 fee. Pediatric Specialist clinical appointments require 2 business days’ notice and 5 business days’ notice for hospital appointments with a fee of $150.00. Short cancelling and/ or not showing greatly disrupts our patient care and results in other patients having to wait for urgent dental treatment.
- As a courtesy to our patients, we submit directly to the insurance companies, however, it is your responsibility to be knowledgeable of your insurance policy details. The relationship is between the dental practice and the patient, NOT the dental practice and the insurance company.
- Insurance companies will allow us to direct bill but in most circumstances provide no information on your policy and/or policy amendments
- We do require that payment be made the same day as your appointment.
- If payment cannot be made that day another appointment will not be booked until payment is received in full.
- Outstanding patient balances are emailed and/or mailed monthly. A $25.00 fee will be added to balances that are not paid within 30 days.
- If payments are not received within a reasonable time frame, a debt collection agency will be utilized.
- We understand that there may be other factors involved in payment including insurance and MCP and we will take that into consideration when dealing with our accounts receivable
- Our office only collects personal and medical information for the purposes of diagnosing and treating our patients.
- We will submit this information to insurance companies on the patient’s behalf only if we have permission from the patient/parent/guardian.
- Information is only submitted to other dentists or dental specialists when we are seeking second opinions or to request treatment and only after permission is granted by the patient/parent/guardian.